Legal Counsel (m/f)
Due to our dynamic growth, we are expanding our team in Melbourne, and are currently looking for a Legal Counsel (m/f).
- Working with the solar and wind projects’ management team, and headquarters’ legal team (based in Munich, Germany), to provide legal support across project development, investment, finance and M&A activities in Australia;
- Evaluating, engaging and managing external legal firms on market entry evaluations and transactions across Australia;
- Handling all corporate and legal documentation throughout the project lifecycle, with such counterparties as co-developers, off-takers, financiers and contractors;
- Leading legal due diligence on acquisitions of projects, joint ventures, and structuring, and negotiating such acquisitions;
- Assisting with the transfer of BayWa r.e. best practices in legal areas to new teams/partners, setting up new processes as necessary;
- Supporting on project sales to investors.
- Master’s degree in Law.
- 2-5+ years of post-qualification experience in legal practice.
- Have the right to work in Australia.
- Background in a major international law firm or infrastructure business and direct renewable energy project experience preferred.
- Transactional experience (M&A, project development & construction, real estate/property, financing) a plus.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken).
- Self-motivated, multi-tasker and able to work in a small dynamic team setting.
- Hands-on and able to work independently as well as in a team.