Head of Legal, APAC
Due to our dynamic growth, we are expanding our team in Bangkok, and are currently looking for Head of Legal APAC
- Reporting to the global head of legal in Munich, Germany and the APAC management team in Bangkok
- Responsible for providing legal support across project development, investment, finance and M&A activities for solar and wind projects and solar equipment wholesale trading in the Asia Pacific region;
- Responsible for all corporate and legal documentation and ensuring compliance to group policies;
- Managing a team of five across three offices in Bangkok, Tokyo and Melbourne;
- Working closely with operative management to plan legal resources to support growth of the business across the region;
- Assisting with the transfer of BayWa r.e. best practices in legal areas from headquarters’ legal team (based in Munich, Germany) to new teams/partners, setting up new processes as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in law. Master’s degree a plus.
- Background in a major international law firm or infrastructure business and direct renewable energy project experience preferred.
- Transactional experience (M&A, project development & construction, real estate/property, financing) a plus
- Fluent in English (written and spoken), other languages a plus.
- Self-motivated, multi-tasker and able to lead a small dynamic team.
- Hands-on and able to see the broader strategic / commercial view as well as going deep into transactions and documents