Due to our dynamic growth, we are expanding our team in Milton Keynes/ United Kingdom and are currently looking for a Financial Accountant.
- Support finance function in achieving their objectives and financial targets.
- Maintain technical standards of accounting in accordance with statutory, regulatory, HMRC and Group Policy & Regulations.
- Support the financial planning process, understand and explain monthly results and variances to Budget.
- Link results explanations to business drivers and the latest forecast.
- Production of ad hoc analysis as required, including development of action plans, monitoring of progress and identification of corrective action.
- As key member of finance team, ensure timely and accurate monthly, quarterly and year end reporting deadlines set by group are met
- Prepare monthly reconciliations for balance sheet accounts within direct responsibility, ensuring that all reconciling difference are investigated and resolved in a timely manner
- Ensure all documented internal controls in relation to the Group Accounting function are understood and adhered to and take responsibility for quarterly testing thereof; escalate any non-compliance to management in a timely manner
- Support Finance Manager to grow existing business, by providing/producing reports, with supporting commentary and KPIs
- Working to streamline and improve the processes that the team works with and support in finance system testing and implementation
- Qualified with ACCA/FCCA, - with one-year post qualification experience however, relevant experience will also be considered (qualified by experience)
- Experience in the preparation of statutory financial information
- Experience of working in a team, demonstrating good interpersonal skills and a collaborative style of working
- Experience of working unsupervised, able to plan and prioritise workload to meet deadlines and respond flexibly to circumstances.
- Able to demonstrate attention to detail and accuracy